Friday, June 1, 2012

You had me at diesel


  Aside from some crazy real life stuff these past two weeks have been very interesting at school.  I'm finding that I am not that mechanically inclined as I had hoped.  Some of the basic concepts in the transmissions and torque converters seem to confuse the heck at me as I just sit at a moving diagram of how stuff works, not understanding how stuff works.  It is making school extremely challenging for me.  I love it.

 
  Here I helped some of the guys take apart an axle from a 744 John Deere Loader.  Pretty interesting stuff here.  Turns out it 2950 lbs can really ding a concrete floor.  What I learned these past couple of weeks that I consider to be the most valuable is this:  if working on something heavy, have it as close to the ground as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment